- Use unsalted real butter at room temperature.
- Use unsalted nuts, unless the recipes specifically states salted.
- Place sugar in a food processor for a few minutes until it is as fine as sand, and you will achieve a cookie with fewer cracks.
- Baking soda and other dry ingredients tend to clump, so it is important to stir all dry ingredients before incorporating liquids.
- After adding dry ingredients, mix just until flour has been incorporated, overbeating toughens the dough.
- Always Pre-heat oven.
- Make sure all cookies in same batch are the same size for uniform baking.
- You can mix ingredients in food processor quick and easy, although it may make recipes which contain liquids like sour cream, eggs, etc. less puffy.